(Gliwice, Poland 22.01.2019) — This is a small improvement to the crashing we’ve had since 0.3. It’s not finished, but from our testing on the PTE it seems that it’s much better now, so we decided to push some of the fixes from PTE to Live. Game should crash a lot less and have some other smaller fixes.
Server browser will come in 0.4, we are not done testing it yet (but it’s looking good)!
- Multitude of crashes are now fixed,
- Fixed weapons spawning with wrong amount of ammo,
- Fixed shoot direction desync (resulted in bad hitreg),
- Hitscan projectiles rework (affects shotguns and distances closer than ~7m),
- Huge amount of collision fixes, levitating meshes, trampoline bug spot, added vaults, etc.,
- Fixed an issue with not being able to see squad leader icon on the map while they’re in a remote controlled vehicle,
- Fixed an issue with squad leader icon changing to vehicle while piloting remote controlled vehicle,
- Character sounds are now attached to head, not feet,
- New gameplay area on Warsaw TDM map (pharmacy shop with back entrance),
- Added stage attachment toggle back: all off, only laser, only flashlight, both,
- Restored player profiles downloaded by dedicated server from MS (this was switched to client side to lower MS load, not necessary now),
- Matches will now end when everybody leaves, so people don’t get connected to half-done matches,
- Added profile validation before saving profiles,
- Berlin optimization pass 2.0,
- Continued work on other maps,
- Further loading optimizations,
- Removed holiday flair from main menu.
The latest update is the second of many milestones we have planned for the development of WW3 during Early Access. Please check out our ROADMAP for more informations HERE. A complete list with the patch notes find HERE.
Follow our social media channels:
WEBSITE – http://worldwar3.com
FORUM – https://forum.worldwar3.com/
DISCORD – https://discord.gg/8XHDz55